What would you require handy before you perform the search?
- UBI Number
Here’s a quick peek on how to perform a search in the Secretary of State for Washington.n this detailed step by step guide we will describe you how to search Corporations, Limited Partnerships (LP), Limited Liability Companies (LLC), and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) for availability in state of Washington.
Step 1: Click on the link Secretary of States. The page looks like this.
Step 2: On arriving at the Search page, you are requested to key-in either the Name or the UBI.
Tips on effective search
- In case you prefer to search using the Organization Name, make sure to select the right option from the drop down list – “Contains", Starts With" or “Ends With".
- After selecting the appropriate option from the drop down list, key-in the name and click Search. This will result in a display of all the corporations that match your select criteria.
- If you are aware of the UBI Number, the search becomes easy. All you have to do is to key-in the 9 digit number and click Search.
Step 3: When the set of results matching your criteria are displayed, click on the organization you are looking for. You will find the details like UBI Number, Category, State of Incorporation etc.
For example, Key-in “starbucks" in the Name field with the drop down option selected as “Contains". This resulted in 8 search results. Refer to the snapshot below.
Step 4: Click on the desired result for complete information on the organization. Refer to the snapshot below.
- To view more details on this organization like Governing Persons and agent information including address, filing and expiry date etc, click on the “View Additional Information" (highlighted in purple above)
- You can also purchase documents by clicking on the link “Purchase Document for this Corporation" (highlighter in orange above).
Find Business Entity in Another State: